Privacy and Security Statement
When you visit this website to read or download information, our servers record basic information including your server’s address (IP), the date and time of your visit and which pages or files were accessed.
This website also uses the tools provided by Google Analytics to gather information about how this site is accessed. The information will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia.
Information that is gathered using Google Analytics includes:
• the number of visitors to Council’s website
• how visitors arrive at Council’s website, for example did they type the address in directly, follow a link from another webpage, or arrive via a search engine
• the number of times each page is viewed and for how long
• time and date of visit
• geographical location of the visitor
• information about what browser was used to view Council’s site and the operating system of the computer
• The above information is gathered solely for the purposes of creating summary statistics which allows Council to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of its website, to discover what information is most (and least) useful, and to help make our websites more useful to visitors.
Web server log files
When you visit this site, our server logs information that is provided by your browser. This information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, determine technical design specifications, and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
The information logged is as follows:
• the type of browser you are using;
• the date and time of your visit;
• your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
• the address of the referring site;
• your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines); and
• the address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Governmental Agency or Regulatory Authority. We use the information only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes.
How we treat emails
Any official email correspondence sent to email addresses on this site, or information submitted via web forms on this site, will be treated as a public record and be retained as required by the Public Records Act 2002 and other relevant legislation.
Any personal information contained in emails or webforms will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it. Council will not add your details to a mailing list nor disclose any personal information contained in the correspondence to third parties without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law. Email messages may be monitored by our information technology staff for system trouble-shooting and maintenance purposes.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what people are looking for at our site, and to improve the services that we provide.
Links to other sites
If you have any queries about your dealings with this website, please contact the council by email [email protected] or by telephone +61 7 4746 7166.